Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First night out


Was about time, right!? In Leuven there's a square called Oude Markt (Old Market, pic. 1). It's full of different bars and pubs. You would think they are all expensive since it's in the centre but actually they're not. It's kind of like students' Meka in Leuven. The size and shape is comparable to Tartu Town Hall Square only that there are nothing besides bars and pubs. In the evenings it's usually full of students and their one purpose is to survive from the pub crawl so it wouldn't have a great effect at school the next day. I went out together with Riina and two Norwegian girls (Kim and Helle). Kim and Helle are literally rich in Belgium. When they pay 7 euros for a beer in Norway then here it's 1.90. Only problem is that they don't like beer, YET :).


Today I went the first time to the university diner. I would give 8 points out of 10. Food is good and cheap and they also have a variety to choose from. You might think why not 10 then, well I'm sure I get tired of the food there soon, so I was thinking ahead while grading it. Oh, one thing got me really thinking. You get your food, right, and of course you have to have a drink or something on the side as well. Now comes the good part. Sodas (coca-cola, fanta, sprite etc.) cost 1.90 (0.33l), BUT, Stella Artois (local beer, 0.33l) cost 1.40. And if you think about it, is it because to limit the drinking of sweetened drinks and promote the "healthiness" of beer. Or it's just the way it is in Belgium. To be honest I DON'T CARE and I had a BEER with my beef stew and french fries (total was 6.10) :D!!



No comments:

Post a Comment