Friday, January 27, 2012

Home sweet home

Yes, I am not back to Estonia. But I'm finally in my permanent home for the next 5 and a half months. Arriving here was really easy thanks to the fact that I visited Gent last Saturday. It's amazing how easy it is with the public transport here. To take the right tram from the train station to the city centre is piece of cake and the trams come in every 5 minutes. I was already very anxious and nervous if I would like the place and the people who are there right now. In Leuven everything was perfect, I had my nice private room, which was cosy, I kept it clean and my way. One thing I new already, I definitely like te location.


I'm at the door, I ring the bell and Juan comes to greet me. We go in, I meet Alicia and her mother who's visiting her. They are all very nice and friendly. Alicia and Juan give me a tour in the appartement. There's actually one guy more, Jose, but he wasn't there at that time. The appartement is very homey and nothing really special besides it's literally in the middle of Gent and has quite a lot room: two bedrooms (1 is very big), living room and a kitchen. I had a little chat with them but not long cause Juan and Alicia have to study for their exam tomorrow. So I leave them and meet up with Riina who arrived here one day earlier than me.


We had late lunch together and after that headed to the city. We were very lucky, cause it was the opening day of Gent Light Festival. That means every evening from 6 p.m. till 12 a.m. until Sunday the city is full of art, related to light: bulbs, electricity, wires and of course music. Fortunately it happend to be that just as we finished our late lunch we went for a walk and noticed people gathering in a square. We saw some important people on the stage that gave their speech and it wasn't like gutting the ribbon to celebrate the opening. It was riding an exercice bike to "make" the electricity so that the miljons of small bulbs that have been used would lit up. I have a video to prove that as well.


When I got back in the appartement the environment was very relaxed and chill. Everybody did their own stuff. Alicia and Juan studied, Alicia's mom was on the computer and I joined them. After an hour or so we had a nice Spanish dinner that Alicia and her mom made. It was tortilla with a chicken fillet sauce and some local cheese. It was very delicious and I was happy cause it had been more than 2 weeks since I had nice homey food.


Hope you enjoyed the video. Today I go out to a real Erasmus party! Bye!

2 comments:

  1. So... living with Spanish people now ha? You can't help it, can you? Well, no homo, don't go trying to find more "Jose from Spain" kind of guys, because you've had enough of that already!
    I'm glad you're having a good time bro!
    Jose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that, that I can't help it man. And i know you're jealous, so quit bitching around and come visit me! That's one and only solution to your problem. And if you're still not coming then we'll meet in your hood. Have fun in NYC cabron!

      Su guiri! :D

      Delete