Monday, January 30, 2012

It has been just great!

All right guys, I know my time here in Gent has been very short but still I can confirm with no doubts that this city is just so beautiful and an awesome place to live. I won't be long with my posting this time cause not much time has past since the last one, but I'll put the pressure on visual then.
Couple comments though. The erasmus party was great. Met lot of new people form all over the Europe. Literally there's a street by my university (Artevelde University College or in Dutch - Arteveldehogeschool) where are all the bars, clubs and fast food places for students, to enjoy the night life. And this street literally doesn't sleep! Always something going on there. Then yesterday we went to a VERY cool bar. Now this one was in the the old town, not on the sleepless street. It's actually indescribable how nice it was there. It's called Hot Club de Gent. To get there you have to take a very narrow path/street (check the picture) and you end up in a small patio. Inside the place it was bursting of chill and old environment. Who ever comes and visits me I'll definitely take him/her there. And that wasn't all. There was a live band playing jazz music and I have a video of them as well. So I hope I delivered the feeling with the pictures and video of that place. But keep in mind, to fulfill the feeling you have to have a beer which tasted just SO GOOD. Seriously it was the best beer I have ever had! Maybe I am bit overwhelming with the whole situation, but you always have a chance to come and disapprove my feelings there.
Today me and Riina went to movies to see "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Ticket was 9.30 and it was worth of it, liked the movie very much. But didn't wanna talk about the movie, more about a very weird situation that happened there during the movie. Well, about half of a move had been watched when suddenly lights went on and film stopped. And it was time for PAUSE! :D. Yes, it was written on the screen that it's a 10min break and go refresh yourself, which I actually did :).
One last thing, we also went up to a tower/church , it's the building right next door to me :). Had a great view of the whole city durin the night.
Allright, enough talk and more proof. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment